Rottweiler Performance's RIS-950-ADV Intake System is made specifically for KTM 990 Adventure.
This is the very system that started a revolution. The Rottweiler Intake system has lit the KTM community on fire with grade AA results across board and continues to deliver. To start, you can expect from 8 to 12 horsepower gains, but it doesn't end there. With the addition of a 'Snap Out' bracket on Adventure models, swapping pre-filters becomes a 45 second affair with one screwdriver. Once the intake is installed and the extra room is now available, Adventure owners can also benefit from 128 extra cubic inches of storage space with the 'Dog House' storage box. On all models, you can also expect a 6 lb (3.6 kg) weight savings with the removal of the SAS and Evap canisters systems using our SAS Stage 1-3 systems. That's almost another horsepower in weight savings alone. Don't let the stock airbox make your bike feel like the brakes are being dragged by choking out your engine's ability to pull in the air it needs!
These do not come pre oiled for shipping purposes. We recommend No Toil Oiling kits for both our intake filters and pre filters.
Benefits of the Rottweiler Intake System:
- The most cost effective horsepower gains on the market. About $30 to $40 (US) per HP vs $100 to $200 for an aftermarket exhaust.
- Dramatically reduces the jerky 'on-off' throttle response of the big twin. Mountain roads and tight traffic become a joy again.
- Full tri layer foam element on all sides of the filter including the top, not just one side, aiding in air velocity optimization and overall filter surface area.
- The outer layers of foam provide optimum filtration and load-up capacity while the inner layer is made of special self-extinguishing filter foam. Together, they give the best combination for air flow, engine protection and safety.
- New V3.0 baseplate machined from billet 6061 T6 for ultra rigidity, pocketed for lightweight and then thermo-coated to reflect rising engine temperature.
- No tools needed to change or remove the filter. Removed in seconds.
- Weight reduction of 1.6kg (3.5lbs) just by replacing the stock airbox with the Rottweiler Intake.
- Removal of the stock airbox frees up an enormous amount of space in the front of the filter than can be used for accessory storage like HID ballasts, ignition controllers and such that were previously difficult to package.
- Serviceability of the throttle bodies becomes drastically less difficult to get to.
- High quality lifetime Buna N 'X' rings seal off the throttle bodies in 4 places.
- Adds a wicked sound that while docile at cruising speeds, barks with authority when cracked open.
- All necessary hardware included.
Suggestions upon installation:
It is advised but not mandatory to remove the emissions hardware when installing a Rottweiler Intake System. The part where the Secondary Air Injection (SAS or SAI) attaches to the stock air-box is removed with this installation and if the installer wants to keep the SAS/SAI on the bike (rare), you will need to attach a small filter to the leftover hose. See our SAS Stage kits for block off kits.
Note: This product carries a 1 year warranty against defects in materials and craftsmanship.
Connect with our Team
Call or WhatsApp: 786-242-5400 📞